The Bottom Line
- Dave Chappelle is a wickedly funny comic and the show is hilarious throughout
- Edgy, wildly creative, and unpredictable skits
- DVD includes audio commentary by Dave Chappelle and series co-creator Neal Brennan on 5 episodes
- Not for those who are easily offended by controversial and raunchy humor
- Humor takes on difficult topics such as race relations, politics, and pop culture (could be a pro)
- Some viewers may be put off by show's continual use of foul language
- Three-disc DVD set containing 13 uncensored episodes from the second season of "Chappelle's Show"
- TV show originally aired on Comedy Central
- Note: Some songs/musical performances from original broadcast not included on the DVD set
- Extra stand-up from Dave Chappelle
- Over 1 hour of bloopers and deleted scenes
- 2 unaired Charlie Murphy stories plus the Rick James extended interview
- Audio commentary on 5 episodes by Dave Chappelle and series co-creator Neal Brennan
- DVD release date: May 24, 2005
- Total feature run time: 275 minutes
- Good to excellent picture and sound quality
Guide Review - "Chappelle's Show - Season Two Uncensored" DVD
There's plenty of outrageous, daring, and politically incorrect humor in "Chappelle's Show - Season Two." I've admired Dave Chappelle's considerable comic gifts since watching the season one DVD, and I was happy to discover season two is as good as, if not a little better than, season one.
The stand-up introductions and skits in season two are hilarious at times. Some of the material is edgy, and although I sometimes hated myself for doing so, I laughed loud, often, and occasionally to the point of tears while watching the episodes and special features on the DVD set. Even some of the commentaries by Dave Chappelle and series co-creator Neal Brennan were occasionally laugh-out-loud funny.
Dave Chappelle's raw, raunchy, and controversial humor takes on race relations, politics, and pop culture, and the show's politically incorrect material may be offensive to some. Although the DVD set is not rated by the MPAA, please note that there's a Parental Advisory: "Explicit content. Warning: this program is recommended for mature audiences only. It contains adult language and situations."
Although I was at times taken aback by some of what I saw and heard, I thoroughly enjoyed "Chappelle's Show - Season Two Uncensored" on DVD.
The three-disc set comes with bonus materials that are definitely a plus, but this DVD set is worth buying just for the sake of the hours of hilarious episodes.