The Bottom Line
This smart and often gripping mix of suspense and drama immediately drew me in. I am intrigued by the unusual dramatic structure, which defies my ordinary expectations of a TV drama.
- Smart, stylish mix of suspense and drama
- More engrossing than many feature films
- Unusual dramatic structure defies expectations
- Complex plots require concentration (also a pro)
- Slows action to develop characters (also a pro)
- Some may not like unusual dramatic structure
- Seven-disc DVD set containing including all 24 episodes from the second season
- DVD Release Date: September 9, 2003
- DVDs contain commentaries on selected episodes and seventh disc dedicated exclusively to extras
- Excellent sound quality
- Excellent picture quality
Guide Review - "24 Season Two" DVD Review
This smart and often gripping mix of suspense and drama immediately drew me in. Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer creates a particularly interesting character. "24" has plenty of fast-paced action. I am particularly impressed by how this series is unafraid of occasionally slowing down to develop characters with a little more depth than might be expected in a typical episodic television show. I am intrigued by the unusual dramatic structure, which defies my ordinary expectations of a TV drama. Each episode lasts about an hour, unfolding roughly in real time, and the season covers a single day's 24 hours. The DVDs have some interesting extras. Follow the link listed below under related resources to see whats on the DVDs.