The Bottom Line
Its great to own this film on DVD. Ive seen it many times before, but theres always a joke Ive missed or a sequence I love and simply want to see yet another time.
- Zany and irreverent
- Often laugh-out-loud funny
- Some parts amusing to think about later
- Too silly for some people
- Sometimes tedious and even irritating
- Weak narrative and unsatisfying ending
- Two-disc Collector's Edition of DVD set containing movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" (1975)
- Stars Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin
- DVD set contains a wealth of bonus materials
- Box contains paperback copy of screenplay and collectible film cel senitype
- Good picture quality
- Excellent sound quality
Guide Review - "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" DVD Review
Although its very silly and sometimes taxes my patience, Ive loved this film for years because of its dark humor, irreverent imagination, and quirky originality. In the movie, King Arthur and his Knights of the Roundtable seek the Holy Grail, but instead find eight-score teenage girls who want to be spanked, a killer rabbit who must be dispatched with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, a minstrel who limns Sir Robins cowardice, and a guy who goes with a cart through plague-ridden villages shouting, Bring out your dead! Its great to own this film on DVD. Ive seen it many times before, but theres always a joke Ive missed or a sequence I love and simply want to see yet another time.